Cant use any custom armies (SOLVED)

1. 7 years ago

Please help, i can't add any custom armies to my ALIVE missions. Every time i add the faction names it always spawns in Opfor from vanila arma 3. I used RHS mod us and russian forces . I have also tried east vs west mod along with a rhs insurgancy mod, all i get is errors at start up and it spawns default forces... I used to play this mod last year with no rpblems using RHS escalation, i'm using the faction names from the ALIVE wiki.

2. I'm relly at a loss as to WTF is going on, no matter what faction i use i keep getting errors can someone please help me?

3. http://imgur.com/urFpJ5m

4. Edited 7 years ago by DaVidoSS

Obliviously you have mess something with your modules settings. The picture says almost nothing about.
    Post your mission.

5. Edited 7 years ago by CDEEKS

I have been using the ALIVE mod for a long time last year, i had no problems what so ever. Now with the latest version not one single custom army works. I have tried all from RHS and all from CUP. Using as it shown here. http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Factions

http://imgur.com/a/cmXTE

I do have a marker placed just not shown in the pictures.

6. Well i have created quick scenario with your faction and its works perfect for me

7. @CDEEKS Do you have a space behind the Faction Name? "CUP_B_US_Army " <--
    That will mess your Factions up.
    Can easily happen with some copy and paste work.
    If that is not working, then try to use another faction. BLU_F for Starters. If that is not working, you got something messed up other than the faction itself. I'm not sure if the CUP_B_US_Army has Groups and such defined already, which could lead to that error you had too.

8. @Murdock @CDEEKS Do you have a space behind the Faction Name? "CUP_B_US_Army " <--
    That will mess your Factions up.
    Can easily happen with some copy and paste work.
    If that is not working, then try to use another faction. BLU_F for Starters. If that is not working, you got something messed up other than the faction itself. I'm not sure if the CUP_B_US_Army has Groups and such defined already, which could lead to that error you had too.

I have checked for spaces ,still doesn't work. The BLU_F works no problem and i have tried every single faction listed on the Wiki. It's weird because i have rolled my version back to an older version of ALIve like was suggested to me and it seems to spawn the aircraft of the custom factions but nothing else. so i am at a total loss as to what's going wrong. About 6 months ago when i was alway playing ALIVE i never had any issues like this. But i have read that due to some changes in the Code in new versions it's now not possible to use many custom armies with this mod.

9. i am using the CAF_Aggressor and Theseus Services Mods and they work quite nicely. I did not use the CUP units yet (and probably will never), so I cannot say anything about that one.

could it be that your cup-files are corrupted somehow? Maybe you still got the downloaded Archive to re-unpack it and overwrite your mod-folders to be sure.

10. Edited 7 years ago by Murdock

Do any Units get spawned at all?
    What happens if you put the Force Weighting to infantry only?
    put down a Zeus module and as soon as the Mission starts get into zeus (Z mostly?) and take a look around, if any enemies spawn.

11. It's not just the CUP units, it's any mod i use i have tried loads. No inf units spawn at all. can you give me your mission file and i will add your mods and see if it works please?

12. For my Mission you'd Need 10 GB of mods. DaVidoSS did link you a Mission in the other thread you made I think. Try that first. Can you give a list of mods you run on your Mission?

13. I am using minimal mods to try rule out other mods causing the problem. I use CBA_A3,ALIVE,CUP_UNITS,CUP_WEAPONS, AND CUP_VEHICLES. Iam making a tiny mission with a samll area and the modules u see in the picure.

14. Solved in other thread... needed to update to the most recent version of CBA

or Sign Up to reply!