MSO Maker Tutorial

1. 9 years ago

MSO Maker Tutorial

Hey I've been so wanting to get on an MSO for arma 3. I was wondering if anyone knows how to make a mission where it is very similar to the old MSO style because everyone loved that but with the new advanced systems.

Be so happy if someone does and it works, I'm sure a lot of people would be happy.

2. Friznit

28 Nov 2014 Administrator

What do you consider to be the 'old MSO style'? If you mean largely static enemy randomly populating the area and not doing much, then just leave off using the Military AI Commander.

The random camps dotted around the wilderness (MSO's Dynamic Enemy Populator) will be added as a feature to the Placement modules in the next release.

3. I mean like how back in MSO (especially on Clafghan) you felt like you was in the real modern world combat, searching for IED's, watching for suicide bombers ect. I know that you have an insurgency modual in development and was wondering if it would be something like that, I like the idea of fighting against an insurgency or fighting as one like a guerilla force. Was just wondering if it would be anything like that, or how will that modual work.

4. Thankyou

5. Friznit

29 Nov 2014 Administrator

IED module is almost done. You may even see it in the next release. The full insurgency module still needs some work though.

You can create an insurgency style mission very easily with ALiVE, so simple enough to recreate that mission type you enjoy.

6. Thank you man, I thought I could but I was wondering if it was worth waiting for those modules because they'll make it better I imagine.

I don't suppose you could give a hint as to what is part of the insurgency module, like what it does exactly or is that "classified" till it's finished.

7. I'm guessing the insurgency module will incorporate a lot of the features that ALiVE already has and will soon receive such as randomly placed enemy camps in the wilderness, random IED's, civilians that have a chance to turn against you and plant IED's, strap suicide bombs, and use standard weapons. Just my guess though, I imagine they want to keep it a bit under wraps for now.

8. Friznit

3 Dec 2014 Administrator

Partly that, but also insurgency groups will aim to disrupt and destroy civilian infrastructure targets, hit and run attacks, strategically placing IEDs at vulnerable points and generally being a dreadful nuisance.

9. Edited 9 years ago by SpyderBlack723

And that sounds absolutely insane, you guys have done some amazing work with this mod, well done. Can't wait for upcoming patches.

10. 4 months ago

this is strictly for and example purpose but this is the last update for MSO Arma 2 but this is what miffidurf is refering to Friznit. but Alive is yes extreamly close to MSO but yeah im trying to get in tought with the orignal creator of the project and see if he can help lead me in the correct direction to incorprate alive with the OG aspects of MSO.

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/109470-multi-session-operations-v33-is-released/

or Sign Up to reply!