Server freezes (again)

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by SOAR_Griz

Hello all, the SOAR team is back! Unfortunately we have been hit by the exact same issue we had with the previous Server Freezing Thread. I will list all the detailed information we have and then leave RPT files at the bottom!

What we know

1.) This is the exact same style of freezing we saw in the thread I linked above. The more players on the server, the faster it freezes. No crash files are generated, the server just freezes. Everything is the same as the first time on our end.

2.) Removing ALiVE fixes all the freezing, same as last time.

3.) Arma version 1.56 missions made with the previous versions of ALiVE worked with 1.58 update until we made new missions on version 1.58.

4.) We had been using the ALiVE version that was compatible with 1.56 on 1.58 with no troubles until we had our first crash. At which point we made 25 people update ALiVE to the 1.58 compatible version, at which point it froze again.

After reading through the last server freeze thread again, I'm wondering if BI changed functions that ALiVE depended on, which seemed to be an issue last time w/ HC. (We do use HC whenever possible!)

Three RPTs of ALiVE crashing from 4/24/2016

RPT #1

RPT #2

RPT #3

2. No sure if it's related, but since new 1.58 update I have had troubles with server frames drop to 5fps after 5 minutes gameplay and textures bug out.

Found that it could be related to..... tbbmalloc

3. We have had members with the 1.58 FPS bug. And I believe they were able to fix it with changing their malloc setting in their launch parameters.

This is completely different (unfortunately). We had this issue after Arma updated to 1.56, and now that its been updated to 1.58 we are experiencing Déjà vu. We are hoping since this has already happened the ALiVE dev team will know where to start looking and we won't have to start from square one all over again.

4. Try testing to see if the freezing occurs without an HC being used.

5. Getting 4 or 5 people on the server now. Will report back.

6. Edited 8 years ago by SOAR_Griz

Approaching 2 hours up time. Turning off HC does seem to allow stability!

Edit: This was with 7 people on the server.

I will attempt to get 15+ between Monday and Wednesday and report back.

7. Friznit

27 Apr 2016 Administrator

Fwiw, VCB has been playing an Asymmetric campaign using 2x HC (and a shit load of mods incl ACE, TFAR, CUP terrains) for the last few weeks with 30 - 40 players and experienced no issues.

or Sign Up to reply!