[FIXED] Mil. placement readiness states (75-50-25%) produce same result

1. 7 years ago

It seems that there is no visible difference when using 75%, 50% or 25% in the Readiness field of mil. placement (be it either mil. or civ. objective type). Using 100% is giving some nice results but using any other just piles up all the profiles to the center of the objective. Or is this how the Readiness is supposed to work?

I took pictures for reference for all the four readiness states (I've highlighted the area that holds all the profiles near the objective):

Readiness: 100%
    -image-

Readiness: 75%
    -image-

Readiness: 50%
    -image-

Readiness: 25%
    -image-

Do note that this does not only happen in Stratis Air Base but in every TAOR you set up and use any other Readiness than 100%

Tested with Arma3 1.56.134787, @CBA_A3 2.3.1.160220 and @ALiVE 1.0.2.1603251

2. This is how it's always worked.. I just assumed it was intended :) I think the idea is that instead of profiles starting in their intended locations the groups have to 'move out' to their objectives within the TAOR / and or begin their patrols.

3. ALiVE wiki might suggest otherwise "Readiness determines how many groups of an occupying forces are patrolling around an objective or sitting idly inside" but I might also think it does (suggest otherwise) because of how I interpret the text.

But why then have the possibility to set different readiness values when seemingly three of the four values produce the same result?

That 100% readiness scatters the profiles nicely around the objective, sort of realistic perimeter defence/patrol and I'd have thought that setting it to eg. 75% would mean that there would be 75% of the total amount of profiles spawned on the perimeter and 25% in the center ("sitting idly inside").

4. Will try to repro when I get home.

5. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

EDIT: I have identified and fixed the bug, thanks for the report.

From my tests it is working as intended.

Here are a few screenshots from my testing with the different levels

25%: https://gyazo.com/95e28678e16d93414b749d81258cb568
    50%: https://gyazo.com/47db4250be66e5a1aff5728155fa013d
    75%: https://gyazo.com/394ededce2a8806a2bd14afdc74ee623

The groups garrisoned inside the buildings are the un-ready groups.

The math inside the function handling this behavior also appears correct.

Say you select a readiness level of 75%. If there are 4 groups then this means that only 1 group will be garrisoned at the objective.

_readiness = parseNumber([_logic, "readinessLevel"] call MAINCLASS); // gets the readiness value -> 75% == 0.75
    _readiness = (1 - _readiness) * _groupCount; // calculates amount of garrisoned groups -> (1 - 0.75) * 4 = 1

This calculates that only one group shall be garrisoned

Then, during group creation

if (_totalCount < _readiness ) then {
        _command = "ALIVE_fnc_garrison";
        _garrisonPos = [_center, 50] call CBA_fnc_RandPos;
        _radius = [200,"true",[0,0,0]];
    };

_totalCount is assigned a starting value of 0 and is increased after each profile is created

If 1 is greater than the amount of groups created, then garrison that profile in a nearby building. After this profile is created, _totalCount is raised to 1 and therefore the condition is no longer satisifed and the rest of the groups will remain un-garrisoned.

If someone else other than us two tests this and finds something contradicting these findings, please post.

6. Edited 7 years ago by Asmodeus

@SpyderBlack723 EDIT: I have identified and fixed the bug, thanks for the report.

Hi Spyder.

You did add that edit a bit later? .. so that there actually was a bug?
    What kind of behaviour can we expect after this fix? The kind of like I wrote in my second reply (/last paragraph)?

7. Edited 7 years ago by SpyderBlack723

There was some minor, but important scoping issues with a few variables.

Yes, if you choose 75%, then 25% of all profiles tied to that objective will be garrisoned inside buildings instead of patrolling.

8. Edited 7 years ago by Asmodeus

Fixed in release 1.0.3.1604121.

(did not count if an objective would have the exactly set percent patrolling the perimeter. Only took notice that there was slightly differing amounts patrolling and inside buildings depending on what percentage was set)

or Sign Up to reply!