Virtualized units not despawning

1. 8 years ago

So, I have a mission up and running that I am trying to tweak for performance and playability. I noticed last night while we were playing that it seemed like a lot of virtualized units were spawning while someone was about in a helicopter, which is what they were supposed to do.
    But, after there were no more BluFor units in the spawn range, the units refused to be re-virtualized. They stayed on the map.
    I waited until this morning to check them again, and indeed found multiple units still spawned on the map, with no players anywhere near them, nor placed BluFor units within the spawn range.
    Anyone else have an issue like that?

I am currently downloading the RPT, as it is pretty large (another issue I'm having due to error bloat). I will append it later today if anyone wants to check it out.

2. Air profiles will not despawn, are you having issues with infantry/mechanized/armored?

3. Yes, they are infantry and vehicles that appear to not be despawning. Looked to possibly be CQB and MilCom spawned units.

Also, I noticed I am having a LOT of empty vehicles spawning with my units, especially at roadblocks.
    Is that supposed to happen? I will have say, a fireteam of ISTS guys spawn with an empty BTR at the checkpoint, and they won't utilize it if they take fire half the time.

4. Checkpoint vehicles are commonly empty until contact is taken, when they will usually man the vehicle.

5. @SpyderBlack723 Air profiles will not despawn

Why is this and what would you suggest when let's say ten different players order AI groups to join them via Heli insertion which eventually leads to ten different helicopters arriving and not returning to where they came from in the first place nor getting despawned at any point?

6. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Two reasons,

1. It looks quite awkward to have an air unit appear out of mid air at the spawn range distance where most ground units will be easily concealed by terrain at that point. It also can mess with their ability to target units, they will spawn then fly right over the hotzone before, requiring them to turn back before being able to setup an attack run.

2. They would require a special spawn procedure that is different than every other vehicle-type profile, including special precautions to avoid spawning them in a poor area.

That situation would should never happen because those vehicles will be ordered to move off map and disappear once those troops are unloaded.

7. @SpyderBlack723 That situation would should never happen because those vehicles will be ordered to move off map and disappear once those troops are unloaded.

And the helicopters should move off map and disappear as per your answer in (AI) helicopters spawning without allowance -->

@SpyderBlack723 They should move away by the next time opcom goes through it's operation cycle (about once every 7-8 minutes).

?

They should move but are they actually?

8. Yes, from my own observations, they do eventually move away as expected.

or Sign Up to reply!