Military Placement Module Override settings

1. 9 years ago
    Edited 9 years ago by TheLegendaryKhan

Firstly, you guys rock. Awesome mod. Cant imagine ARMA without it. :)

I just wanted to ask when I am putting down Military Placement module, say I select a Battalion (200). Then in the preference settings if I don't use one class of units and rather want to fill in the over ride settings, how should I distribute this 200 in it? It says enter no. of groups for over ride. How can I decide the no. of groups to fully use this pool of 200 units?

Secondly, I use AI Spawn distance 1500, but if I move just one tier up from Battalion (200), I notice fair amount of lag. Why? Its just 200 more, man. Please advice on these 2 crucial matters.

Thank you and keep the updates coming. :D

P.S.: Dont mind if I wrongly mentioned Batallion with 200 units. I cant remember the exact name but yeah im pretty sure about 200 units :)

2. Come on guys. Please respond. :(

3. 1. If you choose random weighting, then it chooses a pretty even selection of units, tactically designed for combined ops. And you don't have to set all of the overrides, for example if you set Armoured to 0 and left the rest blank, it would choose from all but armoured. :)

2. Are they all spawning in a really close area? If they're well spread out then they get profiled and after the first minute or so of the mission there won't actually be many units around you. And system specs?

4. Well, I believe yeah it maybe because my TAOR markers are small. Anyway, I would still like you to tell me about the over ride settings. Any suggestions on the breakdown if I don't choose random? Say for 200 units.

I particularly see more lag now when I choose "virtualize all units except synced" in the ALIVE AI module.I have set the distance as 1500 and don't sync anything with it. I was of the impression that doing this will spawn units only when I get in that range and improve performance. But I guess its backfiring. I was doing better with "virtualize only the synced units", then also I didn't sync it with anything.

System specs:
    Its DELL INSPIRON 15 3521 LAPTOP:

PROCESSOR
    Processor Name Core i5 (3rd Generation)
    Variant 3337U
    Chipset Mobile HM76 Express
    Brand Intel
    Clock Speed 1.8 GHz With Turbo Boost Upto 2.7 GHz
    Cache Memory 3 MB

DISPLAY
    Screen Size 15.6 inch
    Resolution 1366 x 768 Pixel
    Screen Type WLED Display

STORAGE
    Hard Disk Capacity 1 TB
    Hardware Interface SATA
    RPM 5400

MEMORY
    RAM 4 GB DDR3

GRAPHICS
    Dedicated Graphics Memory Type DDR3
    Dedicated Graphics Memory Capacity 2 GB
    Graphic Processor AMD 8370M

P.S.: I love my laptop, its new and runs ARMA 3 and a lot of more games smoothly Alhamdolillah. Please try not to say it is not enough. Hopefully you will tell me any good workaround :)

peace out.

5. If you are experiencing loading lag (like when the virtualized units are spawning in) then yes, its your hardware. To be specific it is more your HardDrive than anything. 5400 rpm is quite slow for what the mod/game is trying to do. I could go into detail if you wish, but it seems you would like a possible solution more.
    That being said, try lowering the max amount of units spawned in at one time. I believe the default is 50, try lowering it to 35 or maybe 25 to see if you gain any performance increase.

6. Edited 9 years ago by TheLegendaryKhan

@Riley If you are experiencing loading lag (like when the virtualized units are spawning in) then yes, its your hardware. To be specific it is more your HardDrive than anything. 5400 rpm is quite slow for what the mod/game is trying to do. I could go into detail if you wish, but it seems you would like a possible solution more.
    That being said, try lowering the max amount of units spawned in at one time. I believe the default is 50, try lowering it to 35 or maybe 25 to see if you gain any performance increase.

Thank you Riley. Will try it mate. :)
    Yeah Ive set it to 50. But now I have added an extra TAOR marker per faction to distribute units.

The issue with alive was more pronounced when I was using Iceman's LVR. The vehicles with the respawn init seemed to respawn over one another causing massive pile ups after delay time.

Can you please tell me the correct way to use the virtual ai system module? What to sync it with? Maybe im using it wrong in the first place. Thanks

7. Scrolling down the following page - WIKI will give you a list of mods/scripts/factions etc. that are known to work well with the ALiVE mod.
    As far as the Virtual AI System I do not sync it to anything, using its default value works well for the missions I make in our clan.
    Sorry it took me so long to reply, I had some personal issues come up.

or Sign Up to reply!