What's the correct way to deal with naughty civilians?

1. 8 years ago

You blow their heads off

For real, like Dixon mentioned them, arresting them and holding them for a period of time usually does the trick. The active commands (get weapons, ied, etc) tend to fall off over time, so arresting the civilian and holding them for short period of time will usually "scare" them back into shape :) .. or you could blow their heads off, either way works.

2. 7 years ago
    Edited 7 years ago by JD_Wang

What I've doing in my current mission is I've created a small fenced off detention area to hold troublesome civilians. Then created a trigger the same size as the area and have it trigger every x amount of minutes/hours.

Then using something like

[getPos <triggername>, [side player], -10] call ALIVE_fnc_updateSectorHostility;

should slowly bring down the hostility of your detainees.

I haven't worked out whether I want to automatically release them or what yet, but I think it's a cool role play mechanic.

3. @JD_Wang What I've doing in my current mission is I've created a small fenced off detention area to hold troublesome civilians. Then created a trigger the same size as the area and have it trigger every x amount of minutes/hours.

Then using something like

[getPos <triggername>, [side player], -10] call ALIVE_fnc_updateSectorHostility;

should slowly bring down the hostility of your detainees.

I haven't worked out whether I want to automatically release them or what yet, but I think it's a cool role play mechanic.

This is brilliant!!! I have prisons but I'm definitely going to play with this code. Awesome immersion idea.