Server crash after a playing time in version 1.54

1. 8 years ago

After update I have problems with the server crash after playing 20 minutes, someone with the same problem?

2. The only crash I've had since the update was when I was previewing a mission in the editor. Played on my server last night for over an hour and everything was fine.

3. Hey I got the same issue it seems that even the box is unavail then. Time is undefined happens random for me after some time in the field. Server is up and running with 50fps and ~1400mb ram usage and peaks to 380kbps out and 100kbps in and all of a sudden FUBAR with 0 FPS but no player Desync shown on Player menu.

Any Fixes in sight for that or Ideas

Kind Regards
    Sonnette

4. I don't think they can really even begin to fix anything without your logs.

5. After the crash server received the following error message as pictured in the link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0emsetddkebhko/Screenshot_2.png?dl=0

6. We've had issues with desync and crashes on 2 separate dedi servers. I don't know if its an ALiVE issue, an Arma 1.54 issue or what but its definitely be noticeable.

7. Please provide server RPT file (post to pastebin and link back here) and alive_datestamp.log (found in @aliveserver) if you are using persistence.

@capsoso - your dedicated server - how much RAM does it have assigned? Do you use the maxmem param in your server config? Also how many AI profiles (groups) does your mission use approx?

8. @capsoso - your dedicated server - how much RAM does it have assigned? Do you use the [i
    maxmem[/i] param in your server config? Also how many AI profiles (groups) does your mission use approx?

CPU Xeon 1223v3
    Memory 32GB
    SSD 500GB
    Windows Server 2012

9. I have used the same mission over three months now only presents problems

10. ok thanks.. do you have -maxmem set to less than 2048MB? can you post your server log? does this error appear when you are saving the mission or just durning regular play?

11. Arma 3 Log
    http://pastebin.com/w7mEKeZQ

Alive Plugin log

http://pastebin.com/CuJutKyQ

This error occurs after a period of 20 to 30 minutes of the start of the mission

12. Sorry for the bad english I use google translator, I am Brazilian

13. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

Thanks for the logs.

The crashing might be due to the 1.54 update... BIS is asking for crash reports on the forums / chat channels so I'm guessing that others are experiencing this problem since 1.54

edit: that RPT looks like it's from a Headless Client? Do you have the server's RPT file as well?

14. I have only the RPT sent in the previous post and find out statistics

AddInitAndRemove Overridden statistics ... all messages = 2983
    485 ... Type_10
    21 ... Type_27
    313 ... Type_49
    75 ... Type_50
    54 ... Type_52
    41 ... Type_53
    407 ... Type_57
    119 ... Type_58
    212 ... Type_63
    2 ... Type_170
    1 ... Type_174
    2 ... Type_231
    9 ... Type_254
    1030 ... Type_272
    66 ... Type_273
    35 ... Type_275
    1 ... Type_276
    99 ... Type_277
    4 ... Type_305
    4 ... Type_335
    1 ... Type_340
    2 ... Type_373

15. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Hey, I believe you're suffering from a memory leak

Here is a note from Dwarden from Discord

anyone here with crashes of 1.54.133596 (hotfix) server ? or observing memory leaks ?
    please PM me with downloads of the archives with those etc. if possible
    if you reported those in A3FT then just send me URL to it

If you have Discord and are in the Arma 3 group, pm your logs to him, otherwise open a feedback tracker ticket and provide all necessary information there.

16. thank you very much for your attention, I am using this mission persistently a few months without problems and it appeared after upgrade

17. Edited 8 years ago by HeroesandvillainsOS

I had an immediate issue upon server/mission start tonight. In less than a minute of starting the mission, the red chain link appeared on the screen and connections was lost for nearly a minute before I just aborted. Bare in mind, the issue could easily be on me (been mission editing) but I figured I'd share. This has never happened to me before.

http://pastebin.com/d5exubc1

EDIT: My issue must be something different because it immediately happened when I started the mission again. I timed out this time with "connection with the host has been lost." What's odd is I get the message that my profile has successfully been load from ALiVE's site. Then I immediately lose connection.

I'll try a different mission next but I really like this mission and would love to know what the problem is.

EDIT2: A different mission played fine. Could someone look at the rpt and let me know if they have any idea what specifically could cause a particular mission to desync like that? The missions are nearly identical so I really have no clue where the mix-up could be.

18. That file is the alive log - do you also have the RPT?

19. Is that another string of text located in Aliveserver? Or is that the one I couldn't find before located in appdata? :)

Or from my server itself? I use TADST. If you want the server RPT, generally speaking, where would that be located?

20. Usually with a dedicated server the RPT is in the root of the A3 directory on the server with a filename like arma_datestamp.rpt

If it's not there it should be in \appData\Roaming\Arma 3

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!