Server freezes (Fixed!)

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

Took a look at the RPT - nothing there to indicate a crash (usually there isn't.. crash will generate a dump file that BIS can look at but RPT usually has no info - dump file is in same directory as RPT and you can open a ticket on the feedback tracker and upload the files).

Tons of these at the end:

13:59:19 Server: cannot send message - player 1788652840 is not known.
    14:00:01 No player found for channel 1088291008 - message ignored

They appeared right after you logged out of admin (did you disconnect there or just log out?)

As Heroes said at this point you need to start with CBA and ALiVE only and go from there. You mentioned MCC as well - I would test without it loaded on either the server or the clients.

edit: new perf binary released today give this a try:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

2. Edited 8 years ago by ski2060

I put up the MCC Kunduz mission yesterday, and it appears as if it hasn't crashed at all. So. that is looking good.
    My only issue is that after migration my server standard time is off, showing more than a month into the future so my RPT's aren't showing correct date or time.

On top of that, I had turned logging off to see if that helped anything with the ALiVE mission, then turned it back on for MCC. BUT, it doesn't appear to be logging now that the MCC mission is running.

I'll fiddle around with it today if I can. Also, I will make sure to find some simple missions with just CBA and ALiVE, or make a quick one to throw up on the server.

EDIT: Threw Operation Landlord by Spyder up to test things out. If you can help, please check my server and see how it performs for you, or if it crashes. Thanks!
    69.162.125.22:2347 Dallas based Host.

3. Edited 8 years ago by ski2060

I just sent my hosting service the forum and dropbox links for the v16 EXE. Hoping they can get them in today or tomorrow. I'll report back then.
    EDIT: Just got host to install v16 Perf exe. Testing NATOFOR Alive right now.
    Running @CBA_A3;@ace;@ALiVE;@Leights OPFOR Pack OFFICIAL;@RHSUSAF;@RHSAFRF;@Ares;@[MELB];@TFA NSWG;@CUP Terrains - Core;@CUP Terrains - Maps;@task_force_radio;@Aliveserver.

Will let ya know how it goes.

@SOAR_Jooce I hear ya. We have the same setup on our main server. ACE is a mainstay of our milsim unit. It has all our mods, plus Zeus guys that take rotation to build missions and run things. Sucks that they usually don't get to play.
    I am experimenting on a server I rent, to try to find new mods and combinations that I think the unit would like. Mainly for long term persistent play.
    The main server is usually for one off direct action style play.

4. Well, it may not just be RHS. I rebuilt my mission, replacing RHS factions and entities with Massi's Vehicles, Weapons and Middle East Warfare mods, and had the same freeze happen to me.
    I will try to repeat my testing with my version later as I cannot be for certain it was a cause of one of the mods.
    My server node has been experiencing a DDoS attack today, so that may be what froze it this time around. I'll experiment more.

5. Tupolov

Show in context Administrator

Ok so looks like it's not fixed in 1.56 or 1.57. So, the original ticket was logged in 1.52. This suggests that it's something ALiVE introduced at some point, possibly in 0.9.9. However, would have thought you guys would have seen this earlier than November... We have a clan doing more testing for us today (thank you Kelly's Heroes!) to nail down which ALiVE releases this can be repro'd with. They are also going to test 1.52 again to confirm.

6. Edited 8 years ago by Moony

Okay, as promised: I did some testing regarding this pesky issue.

What I've done:
    Using the performance binary v20, I tested my MCC Template Mission (a mission I build on for over a year now and which was working untill the end of last year) first with and secondly without ACE.

How I tried to reproduce the freeze:
    I decided to take the ALiVE Combate Support (basically because I'm happy I can finally use it with VCOM) and fly from the Airport on Altis over to the south, then to Kavala...up north and then on the eastern side of Altis.

With ACE:
    When I arrived at Kavala I got shot down. I was not dead though, therefore I teleported myself back to the Airport. When I arrived the server froze. (Took about 10min)

Without ACE:
    I flew my round across Altis (got shot down two times). I did not noticed anything bad. I even dscovered that the memory usage does not significantly rose at any time (Max. was something about 1710MB I think).
    To top it then I spawned a mission via MCC and flew over there. Nothing happened either and everything was running nice.

Conclusion:
    I'm pretty sure now that ALIVE and ACE are not friends atm.

Logs and Missions:
    Sadly I can not provide any memory dumps at the moment (I have no clue how to use procDump and therefore I need to find that out first).
    However, here you have the Logs and missions.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4x7N57WyGnSRkczSzVGUndydDg/view?usp=sharing

(The errors at the end of the Log without ACE are because me closing the server down while the mission is still running (damn reflex))

Mods used:
    ACE, ALiVE, CBA, cTAB, Euroforce, MCC, Task Force Radio, XLA_Fixed Arsenal
    (Yeah, just wanted to make a quick test today. Will do something more useful during the week eventually!)
    ( I did not use ALiVEServer)

7. Might the issue be cause by a single module in ACE and ALiVE conflicting?
    I put up my Operation Landlord with ACE today, and it's been running about 12 hours with no crash/hang.

I had 4 players on earlier an nothing happened. We used Arty, called Supplies, used transport and CAS helis. Ran around in a stolen T100 and killed a bunch of CSAT.

I am still using V16 for the Perf EXE as I haven't been able to get it updated to the latest binary yet.
    I will get you a RPT if needed.