Module initialisation and manipulation.

1. 8 years ago

Hi guys.
    I'm new to Alive, but not that new to ArmA (been around since OFP days!).
    I've just discovered Alive and have a few questions;

First;
    Is it possible to spawn Alive modules AFTER the mission starts?
    Or do they need to be placed in the editor and activated when required?

Secondly;
    Can you edit modules on the fly?
    For instance can you specify new, remove, add or edit TAOR or BlackLists mid mission
    (lets say one force is pushing back the other).

Finally;
    How would Alive cooperate with the other modules, such as Endgame?

2. Well the combat scenario we creating with objective size and priority acquired with ALiVE_mil_logistics and his Reinforcement Type

3. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Is it possible to spawn Alive modules AFTER the mission starts?

Pretty sure you can do this as long as you send all the necessary data to the required function. One of the focal points when talking about changing opcom occupation types mid-mission was to delete the opcom instance and then re-create it with the same settings except for occupation type. There is no function to do this automatically though so you'll have to do some off your own magic in terms of finding the required information.

Can you edit modules on the fly?

Yes and no. Changing TAOR's and Blacklists mid-mission is probably impossible. If adding a blacklist mid-mission, you could un-register each objective in that blacklist area from all opcoms. If adding a TAOR you might be able to rig a placement module created mid game to cover that area or simply create ALiVE objectives manually over the objective points you want to be utilized. Essentially, you can shift a lot of how ALiVE works mid mission but it's not exactly by changing module settings (more-so manipulating the logic that the module creates on the server).

^Basically the answer to the two above questions is ~yes but it requires a bit of learning of how ALiVE works. A more in depth answer could be given if you're still interested in doing those things.

How would Alive cooperate with the other modules, such as Endgame?

Never played Endgame so I'm not sure exactly what you mean, could you elaborate on this?

4. Thanks for getting back to my, SpyderBlack (I've been playing with your demo 'Landlord' mission. nice work).

I've only briefly touched on EndGame myself.
    It seems to dynamically generate missions; Establish FOB, find intel, race to the bomb/device.
    It also has a revive style module.
    As for other modules, I've been playing about with BIS' support modules (and the others).
    They work fine with Alive, but your Support modules offer a lot more control.

As for editing mid mission, I'll have a go, though I know bugger all about scripting to that level.

(Also, did you know that you don't need to place TAORs? Alive will just use the whole map!)
    (Also, also did you know that with regards to the load crash problem; if you wait the mission will load eventually. It can just take a very long time, but it will work)

Also, thank you guys for creating this Mod. It truly does bring the map 'alive'.

or Sign Up to reply!