Special useage of C2ISTAR?

1. 8 years ago

Is it possible to setup the mission so that the C2ISTAR auto generates missions for all 3 factions but the Player faction has no AI spawned? Only players would be operating on that faction?

Also, the Logistics would still work and that would be the only time the AI spawned on the player faction side?
    And, can the C2ISTAR be customized so that when a mission is completed by one side, that side gets supplies (ammo/weapons/vehicles) paradropped or dropped off via helicopter to the location of the mission completed?

2. Since the lead dev on the new project has suddenly decided to take a leave of absence, leaving me high and dry since he has the project blueprints and such, I have decided to take up the slack and build the mission as I see that it should be done.

As such, I am interested in using as much of ALiVE as I can.

3. For logistics I think you need to have at least one friendly TAOR with units... so for the 'player' faction you would need a few AI groups - set them up as base guards or something if you don't want them actively pursuing objectives.

4. can you recommend how to do the base guard setup? is there a script segment or something in the wiki about it?

5. If you don't give the friendly AI commander any objectives the groups @ base will just patrol/guard the area.

If that's not possible I would manually place some guard groups instead.

6. Like Savage said above, give tbe friendly commander no objectives except a few Custom Military Placement modules. The units will only try to defend and attack those objectives.

7. I'll propose a solution that would allow you to execute custom functions on mission completion (if you wish to airdrop vehicles/supplies).

8. cool. thanks. Can i make one Ai commander that is friendly that controls the patrols and another that auto-tasks the players with missions generated from the C2ISTAR?

9. There can be no more than one commander per faction.

10. darn. Maybe i should make the AI patrolling the base the Independent faction and make that faction friendly to BLUFOR.

or Sign Up to reply!