Guards/firing positions.

1. 8 years ago

Is there any way to make units that spawn in a FOB/base man the bunkers and lookout posts.
    I basically want USMC to defend their taor FOB and that's it but I want them to take advantagous positions of my choosing and still reinforce if killed.

I saw the Profiler module synced to guard waypoints on a mission I got from here but couldn't tell if they were working or making units guard.
    Cheers

2. Tupolov

19 Oct 2015 Administrator

Unit should automatically garrison a FOB/base.

3. I mean a place of my choosing like in clafghan the FOBs have custom guard towers and the roof of the bunkers etc. They just seem to use the standard building positions but can't see out of the FOB.
    Basically I just want robots who do nothing but stand as lookouts to keep our Fobs clear when players move out. Would I be better just placing ai myself or is there a way I can tell the ai commander I want a guy here at all times?

4. Might be more reliable to hand place units you want at a specific location / facing, or use a garrison script to move them to buildings / windows after spawn.

5. FYI,

Use ASR AI mod in conjunction with ALiVE.

My group loves it. ASR is a great AI mod and it also does a great job of getting spawned units to take cover inside buildings, bunkers, towers, etc.

6. Edited 8 years ago by GhostNI

Yeah I use asr but they tend to just use the standard building positions. I was looking for something a little more customised. If you have ever seen clafghan? The map maker has put pallets on the roofs of most bunkers etc and added sandbags for protection. I just want some guys posted on the makeshift roof or wooden towers at camp Bianca.
    Is there a code I can put in the soldiers init to place at a height and stand covering a sector without moving? Crouched as well would be awesome.
    Thanks

7. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

Check here:
    https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setPos
    https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setUnitPos

Read the notes at the bottom as well.

or Sign Up to reply!