HEADLESS CLIENT

1. 8 years ago

hello all, does alive support headless client ? and is it worth it to integrate it on a server ?
    any suggested guides to follow inorder to set it up ?

2. ALiVE will support HC in the next update.

3. cool man thanks

4. Friznit

13 Oct 2015 Administrator

Meanwhile, CQB works on HC but not the rest.

5. Regarding headless client support,

This is my first time attempting to use it.

ALiVE now has built in HC support.

The TADST dedicated server tool has an area to enable HC support on the module, including IP address for HC.

So, if I'm using both TADST and ALiVE, if I have HC support ticked in both, is the only other thing I need to do is place the Headless module in the editor to enable the Headless Client?

Just making sure there isn't a step I'm missing.

Awesome update fellas!

6. I put it in Mission Init.sqf

if (!hasInterface && !isDedicated) then {
    headlessClients = [];
    headlessClients set [(count headlessClients), player];
    publicVariable "headlessClients";
    isHC = true;
    };
  7. @capsoso I put it in Mission Init.sqf

if (!hasInterface && !isDedicated) then { headlessClients = []; headlessClients set [(count headlessClients), player]; publicVariable "headlessClients"; isHC = true; };

If I use Tophe's Dedicated server Tool (TADST)...do I need to do this? Or by clicking the "Enable HC" on his tool, does that end up doing the same thing?

That's what I can't get clarification on. I've scoured the net looking for a how to when using TADST, plus Headless Client, plus HC supported mods like ALiVE but I can't seem to find any definitive info.

I'm assuming no scripting would be needed...just place the Headless module in editor, click "Enable HC" on the TADST launcher, and switch the ALiVE Required module to enable HC for AI. When I tested last night...I did see the HC in the server menu as a playable entity when logged in as admin...but since I've never used a HC, I don't know how to test to see if it's "working".

8. I do not know the tool (TADST) I can not say it uses an automatic method

9. @capsoso I do not know the tool (TADST) I can not say it uses an automatic method

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/101123-tophes-arma-dedicated-server-tool-tadst/

FYI if you wanna take a look. It's a GREAT tool.

10. If the HC unit appears in the correct virtual entities slot in the lobby you should be good to go!

11. @SavageCDN If the HC unit appears in the correct virtual entities slot in the lobby you should be good to go!

Well damn..that's super easy.

So literally...when using TADST plus ALiVE now all I do is...

1. Tick the box to enable HC on TADST
    2. Place the HC Module from Game Logic in Editor and make playable.
    3. Switch ALiVE Required module from local to "Headless Client" option for AI.

That's it? No scripting..no moving anything around?

I tested it with those steps last night and, like I said..I saw the headless client in the server as admin and I didn't get any errors in mission, etc. But since I've never used a HC in my life, I had no clue what to look for.

Again..that is super easy I guess.

12. Edited 8 years ago by SavageCDN

I'm not sure of the TADST side of things as I've never used it before.. but from an ALiVE perspective yes that is all you need to do!!

I'm not 100% sure if you also need to set HC on the CQB module(s) as well... will find out and post back.

edit: no need to add the CQB module setting - the setting in the required module overrides it

13. I have a server using ALIVE MOD + HC for a long time put in init.sqf stating that when an HC customer come to occupy the HC slot in and set the required alive as Headless Client module, it is not necessary to put boot command module some, this latest version you define all modules to work with HC.

This must be put in Init.sqf:

if (! hasInterface &&! isDedicated), então {
    headlessClients = [];
    headlessClients definir [(contagem headlessClients), jogador];
    publicVariable headlessClients "";
    ISHC = true;
    };

and then simply configure the client to connect to the server

14. @capsoso I have a server using ALIVE MOD + HC for a long time put in init.sqf stating that when an HC customer come to occupy the HC slot in and set the required alive as Headless Client module, it is not necessary to put boot command module some, this latest version you define all modules to work with HC.

This must be put in Init.sqf:

if (! hasInterface &&! isDedicated), então {
    headlessClients = [];
    headlessClients definir [(contagem headlessClients), jogador];
    publicVariable headlessClients "";
    ISHC = true;
    };

and then simply configure the client to connect to the server

Ok, I'll try this.

In regards to the headless client address....do I do the default 127.0.0.1 or do I put the actual ip address of my dedicated server there?

15. Friznit

15 Oct 2015 Administrator

Local IP works if it's on the same box

16. headlessClients = [];

Ok...I assume I plug my local computer IP in the first line in between the [] (do I need to add " " as well?)

What about the second line above....do I leave that alone or what do I actually change there? i.e. if I have one Headless Client being used do I change that to headlessClients set [(1),Player]; ?

Sorry, never messed with headless scripts before.

17. @AUTigerGrad headlessClients = [];

Ok...I assume I plug my local computer IP in the first line in between the [] (do I need to add " " as well?)

What about the second line above....do I leave that alone or what do I actually change there? i.e. if I have one Headless Client being used do I change that to headlessClients set [(1),Player]; ?

Sorry, never messed with headless scripts before.

@AUTigerGrad Ok, I'll try this.

In regards to the headless client address....do I do the default 127.0.0.1 or do I put the actual ip address of my dedicated server there?

Can be placed IP 127.0.0.1 or localhost

18. capsoso,
    Is it neccessary to have that whole line in his init.sqf? I am trying to connect with TADST and Alive as well. It seems like your command is extra. With TADST will I no longer have to launch a separate instance of the game to run the HC?

19. it's still not connecting. RPT says ALive says "no headless client" so there must be something I'm missing.

20. Edited 8 years ago by wihardy

@AUTigerGrad it's still not connecting. RPT says ALive says "no headless client" so there must be something I'm missing.

have you tried it without all this and going in the server and dragging the HC to the HC slot? I don't have any clue how this all works either. You would have to be admin to drag the HC around

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!