Question on Factions (&RHS)

1. 8 years ago

First time here, loving Alive! :-)

Have a question regarding how RHS (which should help me in general) is being used by Alive. Is it currently relying solely on the RHS config files, or is there something "within" Alive also at play? I ask because I've noticed for example when using the MV RHS faction, they are spawning tank groups, which are only available from other RHS factions (TV, and one or two others).

While in and of itself, this is a good thing, I was making a config for personal use with altered group compositions (BTRs as motorized, getting rid of all the small 3 infantry and a truck type groups replaced by full squads so each "Group" has comparable staying power in battle).

Is there anything in the alive files daisy chaining the factions together?

Also, skimming through I read you can make custom faction maps, is there any example files available? The only instance I saw actual code was a little generic, so I wasn't entirely sure I understood, specifically I didn't see where it was explicitly naming a faction within the code.

Thanks for any pointers

2. Friznit

27 Sep 2015 Administrator

We have indeed static mapped some RHS stuff in main/staticdata.sqf because otherwise it wouldn't work with ALiVE at all - RHS does not follow standard BIS config structure so we need to overwrite it.

If you check the ALiVE wiki there is an example of how to make a proper group config.

3. Thanks! Hopefully will be able to make heads or tails of it from looking over the .sqf you mention.

or Sign Up to reply!