Al Rayak - Is it worth it?

1. 8 years ago

Hello folks,

So I'm a fairly new to these forums and using ALiVE as a whole. With the most recent ALiVE update it was stated that the Al Rayak map had undergone a preliminary, but not complete index. So I was wondering if anybody here had used the map with ALiVE recently and had anymore knowledge on whether it is usable for mission making.

To help I was planning on creating a mission that had an Opfor and blufor convention army fighting in the territory and then use an independent faction with the asymmetric commander to simulate a rebel group that would harass one or both sides.

So again the question is that is Al Rayak in a state that it can be used for this sort of mission or should I hold off until a full index has been completed by the Dev team?

Any extra info would be great. Thanks!

2. I've used it. It's pretty awesome. I like it because it's Middle Eastern but it's not all desert like the other 29485839 custom Middle East maps out there.

3. Friznit

20 Jul 2015 Administrator
    Edited 8 years ago by Friznit

It has hundreds of small villages and for some unknown reason not all of them are detected as objectives by the map analysis function. If you drop both Mil & Civ Placement modules down with Debug on you'll see which locations are missing and can fill in the blanks with custom objectives if you want. Otherwise technically it should work fine - great map for COIN ops!

4. Great! Thanks guys!

5. Was wondering the same thing since I have just started laying out an ALiVE deployment on the map and wanted to make sure it wasn't something I was doing.

or Sign Up to reply!