AI reluctance to push objectives.

1. 8 years ago

I think I've got it now, I upped the force sizes to 200 per module and 800 total (I'd erroneously thought that I'd need to keep them low to preserve FPS but it's not an issue) and there's now a lot more activity. Active limit is at 50, would there be any benefit in setting that higher?
    With the auto-task gen issue you solved in the other thread I reckon I have everything sorted, as I'm assuming that the auto-tasks will be focused on objectives that the AI is trying to take and so it'll keep the players involved with the main fight better, this removes the need for FLOT to be really obvious and populated all the time.
    Is that about right?

2. Friznit

Show in context Administrator

Hopefully! If you balance your group numbers and spawn range you shouldn't need to use the rather heavy handed active limiter, but it's a good safety net in case too many AI try to spawn at once. Task Generator should in theory give tasks in support of the AI commander but it can be a little weird. There's a script on the wiki which can jump you straight to whichever objective the AI Commander is attacking - could be used to show the current FLOT with a bit of tweaking maybe.