Air Units with RHS

1. 8 years ago

I'm wondering if anyone has worked out a workaround for using air units with RHS. The Air Force faction isn't supported by ALiVE (this is also me asking very nicely for some work to be done toward it =D), but I would be willing to take advantage of the vanilla "A-10"s to have an air consideration for Redwater's campaigns.

Could I just assign a single vanilla BLUFOR commander with a TAOR of an airfield? I'm not sure how to weight units for it, and as I'm not even really familiar with how support works I'm not sure if we could use his air assets.

Thanks in advance!

2. Friznit

7 Jul 2015 Administrator

Place some manned aircraft in the editor, sync them to the Virtual AI System, ensuring it's set to profile synced units (or the other way round if you prefer - just place them unsynced and set it to to profile everything). The AI Commander will use them eventually, though it can take a while.

If there are no groups defined at all (which there aren't for RHS air) there's really not a lot we can do at our end to automate the process.

3. Thanks! So basically I would place my own air units, set a TAOR at an airbase, but have the placement module put objectives only, and the commander synced to it could only use my placed air units?

Sorry I have to ask, but when I test things I'm not sure if I actually understand what's happening behind the scenes to create what I see in my previews.

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Yep, everything you said is perfect as long as you also sync the manually placed air units to the Virtual AI System module and set that module to "Only profile synced units". (If you prefer you can leave the vehicles unsynced and set that module to "sync all units except synced units"). This must be done because Military AI Commanders will not make use of any units that are not profiled.

or Sign Up to reply!