Problem with mission after 0.9.9

1. 8 years ago

Hi There,

I am having a problem running a dedicated server MP mission after the update to 0.9.9. and I am hoping someone can help me track down the reason.

The mission is a slightly modified version of the sample mission Operation Landlord, and I have successfully run the mission several times on 0.9.8.
    I have updated all the needed addons as described (@Alive and @Aliveserver) but I am experiencing the infinite load screen.
    In the RPT file the line "23:41:12 ALiVE OPCOM Waiting for Virtual AI System..." is repeating over and over again.

I have tried to replace all the ALiVE modules in the mission as instructed, but there is no change to the problem.
    Also @Alive and @Aliveserver was downloaded and unblocked as required.

My server modlist is @ALiVE;@AliveServer;@CBA_A3;@ace3;@aceserver;@ctab;@task_force_radio;
    An abbreviated version of the RPT can be seen here: http://pastebin.com/Fvb1M30G

Does anyone have an idea as to why I am suddenly experiencing this problem?

Thank you

2. Thanks for the RPT will check it out.

3. Might be a persistence issue. Can you turn on debug on the Data module, run the mission again and re-post your RPT file and the alive.log (should be either in your A3 root directory or in AppData\Local\Alive)?

4. Hi Savage,

I believe you are correct. I renamed both the pbo and the OnLoadName (We had just started anyway) and reran the mission. The problem is now gone.

I will see how it goes over the next couple of ops and report back if the issue resurfaces.

Thanks for taking the time to look over the RPT.

5. No worries mate... enjoy :)

6. i find that the 1st time you put a mission on a server the load times are super long (10mins+) but as soon as at least 1 person starts the mission the rest of the time load times are a lot shorter

7. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

That's probably just the ALiVE modules being initialized for the first time.

8. highhead

28 Jun 2015 Administrator

yo bean, you should have a loading screen until ALiVE is initialised, if not there is something breaking the init and it initialises during mission runtime which is much slower. Check your setup and only use mods/addons that dont error out. It isnt related to a joining player in any way.

For normal if you start a mission on a map for the first time directly after you started the server, it loads everything into RAM. So if you f.e. hit #missions or or restart the mission it as everything already in RAM and is therefore quicker (at least in my case with 8gigs of RAM, but I believe it can only use 4gigs either way as its A3 is 32bit).

9. Just to close the original issue down, we have not encountered this error again so I think it was a one-off problem.

Thanks to everybody for their suggestions and advise :)

or Sign Up to reply!