Is this Possible?

1. 8 years ago

I had an Idea to use ALiVE mod for the AI in the missions. Do you think this is possible? Maybe have the AI have a dedicated base of operations and when they decide on a place to go or attack or something, a mission pops up for everyone else to counter the AI faction? It is an idea for Wasteland.

2. Seems like it could work, you could just make the base and specify for the AI faction to only spawn in that area and to also receive reinforcements to that area. The C2ISTAR module could handling auto-mission tasking against that faction as well such as Assassination, Destroy Vehicles, and Eliminate Infantry missions.

3. but could the C2ISTAR be scripted in to automatically do that? So as to prevent players from accessing the C2ISTAR?

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

You could just make C2ISTAR accessible by some super weird item, the field at the top of the module allows you to change it. For example, you could make it accessible by only having the ALiVE Tablet, as long as that item isn't needed for anything else. I forgot what the classname for it is, something along the lines of

alive_tablet
    ALiVE_tablet

Not sure if it's case sensitive

It might throw an error but you could try leaving it blank aswell

5. ok cool. I could then set the module to automatically generate missions for all the other factions against the AI only faction? I dont want AI helping the Player factions. When a mission is completed can it award loot or something?

6. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

By default, when you complete a mission it awards you extra forcepool. This can be used by your commander to call in extra reinforcements (if enabled). It can also be used to call it units to help you or vehicles/supplies to be airdropped. The module also allows you to pick what factions it will use as enemies so just set that to whatever faction you want C2ISTAR to focus on.

7. hmm. so I could have it airdrop random supplies at the mission location as a reward? No need for the forcepool thing since the Player factions wont be using AI. only the AI faction uses AI.

8. Edited 8 years ago by dixon13

You would probably have to create your own missions if you want more customized missions. You could do this through the mission file or just make another mod. Depends on what you're looking for. I think I talked with you about this in the ACE Slack chat but I think you were under a different name. Not sure but someone else was asking about this as well in the ACE3 Slack chat. LOLs.

9. yep! same guy

10. Friznit

7 Jun 2015 Administrator

@KRDucky hmm. so I could have it airdrop random supplies at the mission location as a reward? No need for the forcepool thing since the Player factions wont be using AI. only the AI faction uses AI.

Players get logistics from the same force pool as the AI Commander so you'd still need to set up a Military Logistics module if you want to use those mission rewards.

11. Can I restrict the rewards to supplies and vehicles but no AI?

12. I think you can with a little bit of overriding of the staticData.sqf. I think I was going to try it once but never got around to it. I might look back at it.

13. Since the mission is a perpetual mission kinda like MSO was, can I set the force pool to above 1k? Or does the force pool refill after time? I take it if the AI complete a task their force pool increases?

14. It all depends on how you configure it. You can set a hard force pool limit or, you could set it to Dynamic so the more objectives they hold, the larger the force pool for your side becomes.

or Sign Up to reply!