[RHS]AI Commander not using editor placed groups

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by ElectroEsper

Hi,
    encountered something today.

I'm building a campaign using RHS and I'm using reference sheets to manually build the enemy forces. (A.K.A, not letting ALiVE populate it, just commanding it)

Now the issue, the AI Commander is not using editor placed units.

Faction : rhs_faction_usarmy_wd
    Note : I tried with every supported RHS US Factions.

It will spawn its own forces just fine if I let him do, but it will never used placed (and profiled) units.
    However, a test with CSAT units indicates that its AI Commander do use placed units.

Also, my RPT do not seems to call anything obvious(to me).

Any help will be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Edit : Tried doing the same with RHS Russians, so far having the same issues as with the US Army.

2. Maybe you trying to play around without MiLL Placement.
    If you place no military placement and no sync to both opcom there will be no orders from it.
    Happend once for me without sync.

3. I did have placements, like I said, the AI Commander do use units they spawn, but do not use placed units.
    I tested with Vanilla factions, no problems.

4. Edited 8 years ago by DaVidoSS

Well cant say why syncing Ed units is not working for you i use rhs us army wd and its working. I have placed some boats on the water and getin groups and have found it abandoned in the middle of island. Not there where waypoint was set :-(. It means it is working well.

5. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Now the issue, the AI Commander is not using editor placed units.

Are you syncing them to the Virtual AI System module? Units must be profiled in order to be controlled.

Alternatively..
    Check your Virtual AI System module. If you want the commander to take control of all editor placed units that are under his faction, then set "Synchronization Options" to "Virtualize all editor placed units except synced units". If you do this then there is no need to sync each unit unless you DON't want them to be profiled.

6. That's exactly what I have done, yet no result.

7. Edited 8 years ago by ElectroEsper

I found something in the RPT,

17:27:54 There are are no groups for OPCOM faction(s) ["rhs_faction_usarmy_wd"]! Please check if you chose the correct faction, and that the faction has groups defined in the ArmA 3 default categories infantry, motorized, mechanized, armored, air, sea!

Now, I do use groups that (from the CfgGroup) are part of "rhs_faction_usarmy_wd".

And also, if I decide to switch the Placement from "Objectives Only" to "Place Units" it do spawns units, so I guess the problem do not comes from that.

Could it be that editor groups are not config to work with ALiVE somehow?

8. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Could it be that editor groups are not config to work with ALiVE somehow?

It's possible but they work just fine for me so I doubt that to be the issue. RHS doesn't use a standard unit config and the ALiVE team has spent a lot of time making sure the RHS units were compatible. For some reason, random people have posted this issue but as far as I know nobody can really repro it. If you want to post your mission file or at least an example mission of it happening I'll open it and see if it works for me.

9. Here,
    I made this only using:

• CBA3 (last version)
    • RHS 0.37

Even without my community's modpack I still have the problem.

Exemple mission here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/f0y96yx3an0guz3/Exemple_Prob_RHS.Stratis.rar

10. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Good and bad news,

I can repro using that mission. I'm guessing this stems from the RHS units not using the standard BIS config which means probably no fix on that end. I'm pretty sure I've used this method before so maybe it's something that can be fixed in the special config that ALiVE uses to accommodate RHS. I'll see if I can point a dev this way.

11. Well according to the uploaded mission you need at least one base for your faction. Next you can set objectives for them.

12. Even wity a defined base, the problem is still occuring .

13. Its working RHS faction is recognized correctly. But editor units are not commanded maybe you need more time to wait for opcom directives cant say.

14. Edited 8 years ago by ElectroEsper

That's what I though, until I tried the same thing with CSAT, NATO and the AAF, they received orders almost instantly, while the RHS units never received an order even after 10 minutes, and the OPCOM was whinning the whole time not having enough troop.
    Also, by the rpt, those editor placed groups are not recognize by OPCOM, not counted as part of his faction, yet they are profiled.(Still talking about RHS troops)

Something is wrong with OPCOM's use of editor placed units for RHS, as the normal way of populating is working 100%.

15. You probably have to hand them over to OPCOM. Here are some scripts to help you out .
    The first script is for a specific unit. The second can be used for a group.

16. I also thought about it when it initially happened, I had no result from it sadly.

or Sign Up to reply!