ALiVE + Wasteland?

1. 8 years ago

So, I am working on overhauling Wasteland by adding ACE3 and ACRE2. I am interested in adding the ALiVE module as well to handle all the Missions and have an active and dangerous AI faction. Is this possible or even a good idea?

2. I don't have any experience with Wasteland so can't say for sure... do you know what is currently used to generate AI in the mission?

3. um, some script I think. Here is their Github with the mission release file I want to customize.

A3Wasteland Github

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I am unfamiliar with Wasteland myself but it sounds like it might be able to work. Missions could be handled by C2ISTAR and AI spawning/attacking/defending could be handled by the Military AI Commander.
    Reinforcing of the AI could be handled by the Military Logistics module for each faction aswell to replenish low unit counts. You could even set it so that they will run out of reinforcements if you capture their Military outposts.

Just for more info, is wasteland a 3 faction battle? I thought I remembered someone saying it was.

5. yes it is. My idea is that ALiVE would handle All the AI and missions. The AI would be a faction all to their own and hostile to all 3 factions.

The ALiVE system would generate missions that all 3 factions can attempt to complete. Would it be possible to give rewards for completing the mission? Something like crates or spoils of war?

6. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

By default, when you complete missions generated by ALiVE you are rewarded with extra forcepool (reinforcements). I am not sure if there is any way to change this. It sounds like this conversion could be made possible though, just make each faction occupy their own corner/third of the island and set them to all be hostile to eachother.

7. well, the 3 player factions are all by default enemies. I would like to make the AI factions (civilian and others) against the 3 player factions. When the missions are completed, the missions would award player factions with spoils of war that are at the mission location. Missions like capture a helicopter or tank etc.

8. what about the ALiVE mission The Scavengers? It sounds kinda like Wasteland. Can we adjust it to have 3 player factions? Or just 2 player factions?

9. Now, I have been told on the ACE3 Slack chat that DAC is better than ALiVE for what I want to do.....is this true?

10. Possibly... however if you've never used DAC before then you're in for a learning curve. DAC will not handle things like tasks or other player features (CAS, transport, player-called artillery, etc).

11. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

DAC is good for occupying zones but I am not sure if you can really get a war going on using it (could be wrong). It also doesn't handle a ton of things that ALiVE can provide (as Savage stated). Imo ALiVE is also way easier to use than DAC aswell. Honestly if you have time, your best bet is to look into DAC and maybe even try to implement it. If you don't like it, try ALiVE... or vice versa.

12. IMO using ALiVE would be very complicated but would be very nice because ALiVE would actually fight and do what you want it to do. Although, to add missions to the C2ISTAR module and other stuff you would have to make a mod that edits ALiVE so that it adds things or changes things. Using DAC would be easier to setup but would not have the effects that ALiVE would create. This sounds like a good idea but a lot of work either way you go. I would say, if you do this, you are in it for the long haul. Good luck if you continue with your idea.

13. what about combining DAC and ALiVE? Can I use ALiVE to handle the spawning of all the base parts that spawn? I really like the idea of them spawning in when players are near but despawning when they are not. That sounds like it would improve the server performance since they would still exist, just virtualized until players are near.

14. I just got done turning the ALiVE Insurgency Altis into ALiVE Insurgency Stratis. It took me the better part of 3 hours to complete.

15. DAC and ALiVE do work together. DAC does a similar thing with regards to profiles and spawning however it only reduces the AI group to its leader it doesn't completely virtualize the group. Suggest using ALiVE to spawn in defending groups and CQB guys and DAC for large area patrols.

16. how about just having some roaming AI groups? let the AI do their missions and players do their own.

17. Sure.. DAC would probably handle this better as you can 'control' the patrol areas and behaviour better than using ALiVE.

or Sign Up to reply!