First post with questions about Alive persistence vs MSO persistence.

1. 8 years ago

Hi, I'm Cobra. This is my first post here at the Alive mod forums. I used to use MSO for ArmA 2 in 2012 to 2013 and I'm interested in using Alive for ArmA 3. During my use of MSO I utilized the persistent database feature and loved it. I know Alive also has a persistent feature and I have some questions about it.

In MSO I could access my own sql database and edit what stayed for the next mission and alter enemy persistence, player stats, ect. I have read that in Alive there is no need for a personal database which sounds convenient, but am I able to alter the database as I could in MSO for ArmA 2? Is there a way to look at what is databased when I am logged into the war room?

As Part of the first question will I be able to designate units and objects to become persistent in game through an action menu or similar as was possible in MSO?

Will addon/modded objects, weapons, vehicles, units ect, be able to be made persistent?

Also will ACE 3 be compatible with alive as was ACE 2 in MSO?

I am also highly interested in persistent hunger and thirst which was available in MSO for ArmA 2, which was developed by Glowbal now part of the ACE 3 team. Can or will persistent hunger be made possible with rations similar to MSO and will that be part of ACE 3 compatibility if ACE 3 produces and hunger and thirst module based off of Glowbal's CSE from ArmA 2 and 3?

Kind of a big list of questions but they are integral to finding out if ArmA 3 is ready for a proper persistent combat experience worth dropping some cash for server hosting, while expending precious moments of my life developing the gameplay. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

2. While ALiVE does have its own database that you save to the plans to allow "some" editing in the future is already in motion -->

ACE3 plays pretty well with ALiVE so far but again, plans are made to adapt in the future. -->

The hunger and thirst thing I have no idea about.

Check out the entire Roadmap here -->

3. With regards to persistence there is an in-game admin function to profile all non-profiled groups on the map (ie: you spawn in groups with some other AI script).

Objects like fortifications can be made persistent using Player Logistics - any item that is moved or altered by a player will become persistent. AFAIK there is no "look at the object, make it persistent" option like there was in MSO. Should be no problem with 3rd party addons either.

See the wiki for additional info
    http://alivemod.com/wiki/index.php/Persistence

4. I'm sure ACE3 will probably work on a module that would be similar to Glowbal's AIM mod from Arma 2 or CSE's eating and drinking module. If not, then I would like to add something like that to ACE myself, since it is open source.

or Sign Up to reply!