Error loading mission after server restart

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by lylix

When joining our server the day after a session, we get stuck in the loading screen and we get error messages

error message:
    http://pastebin.com/9rJJCtqH

2. Is this your RPT file or the servers? We'll need to see the server's RPT and preferably the whole thing not just snippets. If you are using persistence please post your alive log as well (should be same spot as RPT file in A3 root directory).

3. @SavageCDN Is this your RPT file or the servers? We'll need to see the server's RPT and preferably the whole thing not just snippets. If you are using persistence please post your alive log as well (should be same spot as RPT file in A3 root directory).

http://pastebin.com/CPjiPaQ1

4. Thanks will check into it. Just to double check - you can run the mission fine at start this only happens when you re-connect to an existing session?

Few things I noticed taking a quick look (which don't have anything to do with your ALiVE issue):

• don't run Blastcore or JSRS (or any clientside only mod) on your server it can cause issues and is not needed (just the .bikey file so clients can connect with it)
    • always put @CBA_A3 first in the mod line so that it loads before other mods
  5. Yes we play for hours and then we all save our playerdata, and then when everyone is gone i press "server save and exit" and wait untill its done. But then when we load the mission we get that error spammed when the first player is starting the mission. I get stuck loading but hear ingame sounds like the waves, after alt-tabbing 1000 times i get rid of the loading screen. But our ALiVE markers are gone and we have errors in the log. objects are pretty much where they were when we exited, sometimes sandbags and such are in the wrong spot, and some vehicles have appeared in our base. But our biggest issue is the ALiVE markers are gone, AND sometimes we cant place down new ones, and in the map view "ALiVE" is missiong from the top left.

hope that info helps painting a picture of our problem!

6. Thanks yes that is much clearer :) We'll have to wait for a dev to respond and we might also need your alivelog (stored in same spot as RPT usually).

7. Do you know if using zeus to spawn stuff can cause issues?

8. It shouldn't cause issues but unless you run a script that adds units spawned by Zeus to the list of ALiVE profiles it won't save them nor will ALiVE 'recognize' them.

if (isServer) then {
        [] spawn {
            while {true} do {
                sleep 60;
                [] call ALiVE_fnc_createProfilesFromUnitsRuntime;
            };
        };
    };

Something like this in your init.sqf should work.

or Sign Up to reply!