Server restart on load mission Nitrado.net

1. 8 years ago
    Edited 8 years ago by Spark

Server restart after loading mission, "connection lost with host", im using nitrado.net hosting. The mission is "alive | sabotage coop 12" and others with alive addon, without @aliveserver in command line they are working.
    Missions made without alive are working.

*.rpt file

2. @aliveserver mod is for saving mission progress to the database - if you don't have a War Room account it won't work anyway. Just remove that addon from loading on your server and you should be OK. Next ALiVE release will include a fix for this issue.

3. Yes, im register in war room, and downloaded alive.cfg in root arma 3 directory, I think that nitrado server is blocking files because is windows server. I haven't access to files there only via ftp, then I sent a ticket to support.

Exactly that will fixed in next release, work with @aliveserver although there is not register in war room?

Thanks!!

4. Edited 8 years ago by Spark

They said that windows not lock any file, when I sent them a image of unlock option in file propierties, they said by security questions can't change that.

There any option to save progress without connect with war-room or alive DB?

5. @Spark There any option to save progress without connect with war-room or alive DB?

Currently I don't think so.

6. Someones know if gameservers.com work with alive war-room (unlock files in windows)?

7. Late reply, but i can confirm that alive and the warroom worked for me on nitrado servers.

Issue might be in your mission...

8. Edited 8 years ago by Spark

Thanks, I check it!

P.D: in my first post I said that tried a sample mission of alivemod. I check again anyway.

9. I have Nitrado too and I have the same problem. If I place the Database module in the mission with the editor, server crashes saying "connection lost with the host". Currently I play alive without connection to the warroom, keeping server running with persistent=1, but if it crashes or we need to reboot it, all our progress is lost ...

10. Yes, yesterday I tried again, same result.
    I dont know what gaming server choose, if I try other and work post it here.

11. Thank you Spark. I'm sending a ticket to nitrado; in my opinion, our servers use linux, and so they can't run properly alive, while maybe others who succeeded have windows, like m1ndgames. I'll keep you up-to-date.

12. Not, my server is with windows, the issue I think that is nitrado's windows server blocking alive .dll's. Are you sure that your server use linux?

Their answer to my ticket:

@Spark They said that windows not lock any file, when I sent them a image of unlock option in file propierties, they said by security questions can't change that.[...]

13. It's what i'm going to discover. But I don't understand the reason why some people can connect with the war room using nitrado and others not. I followed the instructions, I unblocked the files, and I don't think that FTP can be the problem. I don't know, maybe on our servers microsoft.net framework or c++ is missing. Anyway, I'm still waiting for an answer from nitrado.

14. Oh, yes, framework is required to aliveserver. I dont understand that either, some people yes others not...
    If you unlock your files its ok, but you need unlock it in server: -image-
    I dont know if this is the issue because I can't see in nitrado panel that propiertie.

15. Edited 8 years ago by Legend117

This shouldn't be the problem. Look at this thread: http://alivemod.com/forum/539-database-module-cause-server-crash-on-startup
    Filezilla should mantain dlls unblocked.

16. War Room is not yet supported on Linux (devs are awaiting a C++ developer to help out)

17. real windows server (no virtualization / WINE)

This mean that is autentic win server?
    https://server.nitrado.net/eng/rent-gameserver/arma-3

18. Seems to be yes and if so it should work with War Room and persistence

19. Nitrado contacted me. They said that all should be right, servers use windows and have those programs installed. They suggested me to contact infistar.

20. What is infistar?

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!