Suicide Bomber Class Recommendation?

1. 8 years ago

Inside the IED Module there is a prompt for a possible classname you wish to be used for the suicide bombers. Any recommendations out there that would be good?

2. There aren't any good options with vanilla BIS assets.. you'd probably need to use an addon to get the type of civ you are looking for.

3. Edited 8 years ago by thefinn

Having issues with this myself. Using CAF_AG_ME_CIV and it's not spawning anything, tried lower case too, also no spawns.

4. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

@thefinn Having issues with this myself. Using CAF_AG_ME_CIV and it's not spawning anything, tried lower case too, also no spawns.

This field is only for specific unit classnames, ie. a specific looking civilian. If you wish to have Afghan civilians being suicide bombers then just spawn them in using the civilian placement and population modules. Suicide bombers will be created using those assets by default. Short answer, leave it blank and see what happens.

5. Edited 8 years ago by thefinn

I leave it blank and I get altis civilians.

I already have the civilian placement and population modules working with CAF aggressors.

I also tried a specific class CAF_AGME_CIV_04 for instance, also no spawns.

6. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Could be an issue with the newly launched 1.46, I'll check.

Just to check, are you using the IED Threat module as synced or un-synced?

7. Edited 8 years ago by thefinn

No worries, I'm not putting it past my own fault, this is my first time using alive.

However, the civ modules work and I'm just installing the insurgency stuff atm.

I'm linking that to the IED's this time, but might do the suicide bombers seperately ?

A bit unsure on that one as the documentation only barely touches on the suicide guys, seems to mostly cover IED's.

8. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

A bit unsure on that one as the documentation only barely touches on the suicide guys, seems to mostly cover IED's.

It's all one package. If you sync the IED threat module to an asymmetric AI commander then it will employ suicide bombers when appropriate. If a zones threat level is appropriate, the insurgents will choose between a few actions on what to do in that area. If it chooses to employ suicide bombers then one will be created in the zone when you next enter it.

I'm linking that to the IED's this time, but might do the suicide bombers seperately ?

You can only have one IED threat module so it's one or the other.

9. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Ok, for the suicide bomber specific class, it must be entered as an array in the field. This does seem to be working as intended.

For example here is how you would enter multiple classes http://gyazo.com/882e184d0c8ef46feacbfc228131ea1e

And this would be for a single class
    http://gyazo.com/405fed9a0c2191fb13807ff3bb2ea17d

So for your example class it would be
    http://gyazo.com/4b64c0f4177bfdac9fe6434a6d22a776

As for suicide bombers not being automatically assigned a class of the defined civilian population.. it only seems to happen part of the time. One zone will create a suicide bomber that belongs to the afghan civilians (which I specified in the civilian placement module) and another zone will create a vanilla civilian.

Heres the DH ticket: http://dev.withsix.com/issues/76272

10. Ah nice, thanks for that.

11. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Quick notes from Highhead concerning the correct civ faction being used..

If an IED module is synced to an Asymmetric OPCOM it will automatically use civs that are defined in the Civilian Placement module.

If an IED module is not synced, it does not read the civilian faction at all (Will be changed next update thanks to Highhead).

12. Edited 8 years ago by thefinn

Well I Am now keeping it seperate from the OPCOM and it got the civs right - as I specified them in the module.

I'm rebuilding the mission on a new map now so I will take a look.

or Sign Up to reply!