Few questions

1. 8 years ago

Hello fellow mission makers,

I've searched for possible answers to my questions and have come short, hopefully someone can help me out.

CAS - I tried setting one of my CAS modules to use the A-10 from the RHS pack, as well as tried the base A-164 unit. Basically what would happen is the jet would get halfway down the runway and then just sit there hitting it's air brakes. Is it possible to use jets for CAS and if so do i have to do anything specific for them?

Asymetric - Should BLUFOR commander be occupation or invasion? Do i need to bother with an OPFOR TAOR or just having the blacklist for BLUFOR is sufficient? Would it be wise to have more then one CIV placement and MIL Placement (opfor)?

AI Skill and numbers - Sometimes the AI is spot on, other times they stand there like deer in the headlights. This goes for both sides. They also spawn in insane numbers sometimes. I know there is the AI skill module, should I be using it? For the numbers, do i reduce my MIL placement module #?

Other than that, this mod is amazing and has provided my friends and I with the Arma experience we craved. Nothing like landing in a hot LZ at night, with attack choppers going wild and tracers all over the place, when only a few of us are playing. Amazing work and props to the DEV team.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

2. Edited 8 years ago by SpyderBlack723

1. Welcome to Arma's airfields. The AI suck at moving around the runways and sometimes don't work at all on some custom maps. Keep moving the plane around and to different sides of the runway/taxiway until you get a position that works. In your case it sounds like you might have put it on the wrong side of the runway. Try moving it to the opposite side and seeing if that works. If not then set it on the taxiway and give it a shot.

2. I prefer to have Blufor set to occupation since it's more centered around patrolling and occupying their objectives. Having more than one civ placement module is usually not ideal unless they are both covering different TAOR's because otherwise it leads to doubling up on objectives in the same spot which can lead to lower performance and slower actions by the Military AI Commander (due to having more objectives to analyze).

3. For the numbers yes, especially if you are playing asymmetric you should have pretty low starting numbers. As for the AI, if they are good in one situation and bad in another, you might want to try an AI mod such as ASR AI. In the end sometimes Arma's AI can be weird at times but ASR helps a ton for me.

3. Much appreciated! I'll play around with the plane and see what happens.

4. No problem, let me know if you have any more questions.

or Sign Up to reply!