Multispawn - spawn on group problems

1. 9 years ago
    Edited 9 years ago by glennog

Absolutely loving ALiVE - so easy to create incredibly immersive missions and the new features are simply awesome... but...

I have a problem with the multispawn module in 0.8.0. I have tried creating a vanilla mission, with a handful of playable units in a single group, the bare ALiVE modules plus a multispawn module set to Spawn on Group, delay 5 and no enemy check. I run this on a dedicated server and join the game, moving a few hundred meters from the initial spawn point. When a friend joins, he joins at the spawn point, not with the group (i.e. not near me). I have respawn="INSTANT" in my description.ext (I have tried BASE and GROUP, neither seem to make any difference), and I have tried it without any respawn option which simply doesn't allow JIP players to join as anything other than a seagull. I also have disabledAI=1 in description.ext - I know that affects arma GROUP respawn (doesn't seem to spawn on group unless the group has playable AI), not sure if it's the same in ALiVE.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I missing something (I checked the wiki before posting this)? Or is it a bug?

2. highhead

17 Oct 2014 Administrator

Hi!

Happy that you enjoy ALiVE!

Multispawn works as a respawn manager, so it will let the player join your group on respawn.
    If it would set the player to a group on joining server, it would conflict with the Player Persistence module, that is needed for persistent gear and it also saves the position to DB or RAM! On re-joining the server the player is put on the position that he left off, if he was set by multispawn at the same time, it would not work out. I have already done some fixes for 0.9 (some script errors) and i will consider creating a "Join group on JIP" option, and i will also take a look at the seagull thing, have you placed a respawn_west marker?

or Sign Up to reply!