Persistence/Player Task(s)

1. 9 years ago

Hey guys, new to the forums here. I've been using ALiVE for about 8 months now and have really enjoyed it. I make missions for myself and three friends to play. I don't have a dedicated server but I'm really interested in having a persistent campaign that we can progress towards over the course of time. From my understanding, the War Room is only for Dedicated Servers. If anybody knows how I could save our mission's progress, that would be amazing! Also, I have a few questions regarding the "Attack Civilian Objective" player Task. On Stratis, we have been able to successfully clear a town and receive credit for doing so. However on Takistan (even on the very remote town in the corner of the map) this objective does not complete after we have cleared the town, and all surrounding areas (out to 1km). We are sure of this, due to me enabling Total Intel map coverage and the CQB map squares enabled, indicating when BLUFOR have cleared that "section." Am I missing something? Are we just not clearing out far enough? Thanks everyone!

2. You can use persistency even without having a dedicated server. I use theTADST tool to launch my own server (runs the arma3server.exe). You must have a static IP and then you register that server to the warroom. Then turn on all persistence options that you want in the mission and host it up on the server. When you are done playing simply hit Server Save and Exit and wait for it to save (it will automatically end the game once it is done). Then to continue that mission you can re-host the mission on the server and it should pick up from where you saved.

3. You might be able to get away with a dynamic IP as long as you update the war room if the IP changes.. but not 100% sure.

As for the task issue that has been reported before on AiA maps... the task system is getting some love soon so hopefully they can work out the issue.

4. Would like to say a big thanks to you guys for clarifying this. Very awesome, very useful. Had tried it in the past and had issues setting it up, followed your instructions here and got it working an absolute treat! Cheers lads!

or Sign Up to reply!