Odd OPCOM Behavior

1. 9 years ago

Hello!

With the recent update of ALiVE I have gone about making a large persistent map for my small group to be able to jump into and play. I've been doing lots of small changes as I notice things, but there are a few things dealing with both forces' OPCOMs that kind of have me baffled.

To set the scene, OPFOR is on either side of NATO, who is located at the Airport south of Athira. The group can jump in, spawn vehicles, use a VAS and get prepped for some tasks from the C21STAR (Which so far is working nicely).

Now here comes the problem. I have the OPFOR OPCOM set to OCCUPATION in order to keep them contained to keeping the objectives they are linked to. I have Civ and Military Placements near the airfield that ONLY the BLUFOR OPCOM is linked to, but not the OPFOR one. Within moments of the mission starting I am noticing that OPFOR OPCOM is still sending troops to occupy the placements that they aren't even linked to. Which means they eventually move into the airport terminal and take over the spawn point.

That is problem one which I could use some advice in tackling. Problem two is this. NATO OPCOM has been set on INVASION in hopes that it will send troops out to engage OPFOR troops in nearby cities. Instead what is happening is EVERY group that NATO controls is being sent to a single random location near the southern coast of Kallthea Bay. There's nothing significant there, but OPCOM repeatedly (All 5 test runs of them mission so far) simply sends all the NATO forces there. Which is lending itself onto the whole OPFOR taking over the airfield problem.

The OPCOMS have all their modules linked properly (I have double and triple checked these every time I make changes to the mission) so I am wondering what is going on and possible how I can go on about fixing these problems.

2. I notice some odd behavior as well. On occupation, both the BLUFOR AND OPFOR continue to attack objectives, but I just chalked it up to the settings for occupation.

Other oddities include waypoints in the water resulting in squads swimming for days. For the most part, this mod rocks and it is keeping my Arma3 gaming "ALiVE"...

3. Hello,

I am also experiencing the some similar behavior. However, the biggest difference is that when i run the mission sometimes the AI will spawn and move to random positions that do not seem to have a very high priority. Other times the AI will spawn and do nothing as if the OPCOM is not issuing commands properly. I have also tried changing the settings to Invasion or Occupation but it does not seem to make a difference. This was not an issue until the latest update that added C2ISTAR. I first thought maybe the C2ISTAR module was causing my issue but even after removing it from my mission the problem persists. Any help for these OPCOM problems is greatly appreciated.

4. highhead

26 Oct 2014 Administrator

hi!

OPCOM will only attack objectives assigned to him! if you dont sync it to an enemy placement module, then it also wont attack those objectives! please upload your mission with a description to our feedback tracker so I can take a look at the setup! please remove other mods, so I can open it in editor!

C2ISTAR doesnt have an impact on OPCOM (at least it shouldnt, and I also didnt see any)

thanks!

or Sign Up to reply!