Insurgency Crash

1. 9 years ago
    Edited 9 years ago by SpyderBlack723

I keep getting a crash only while playing a match where one of the OPCOM commanders is set to Asymmetric.I have taken the exact same mission that works fine and changed one of the commanders to asymmetric and is still occurs.This happens even while playing on the test mission that Friz provided (ALiVE_OpTellus.Altis) Usually happens between 10-20 minutes into the testing. Happens both in editor and on server. Not really sure what causes this as I have tested with,without mods and I have re installed ALiVE (next step is entire Arma but I have already verified files). Insurgency works fine but they just suddenly stops, no stuttering before hand, just a solid stop. Haven't managed to get it working once since the release :(

Couldn't find anything myself in the RPT but maybe I am missing something. No other error files were generated.

RPT File 1: http://pastebin.com/FCSLSkBV

RPT File 2: http://pastebin.com/2gUR0xEu

Kind of off-topic, but I also have never found any IED factories even with the module synced

Edit1: turned off debug and it seems to be running longer than normal but I can't really tell what's going on because debug is off

Edit2: As I walk around I found a civilian with a suicide vest on him, definitely farther than I have ever seen the insurgency progress, for some strange reason turning off debug on the Military AI commander seems to stop the crash.

2. Same issue here. Lots of crashes. The rpt doesn't gives any clue, except for the last one that says:

0:39:22 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
     0:39:22 ALIVE Garbage Collector starting...
     0:39:22 "ALiVE - Starting Garbage Collector..."
     0:39:23 No owner
     0:41:17 No owner
     0:41:18 No owner
     0:41:20 No owner
     0:41:26 O Alpha 1-2: Cycle as first waypoint has no sense
     0:41:26 Section ["OPF_G_F-entity_0","OPF_G_F-entity_1"] moving to reserve objective OPCOM_969018478_objective_0! ["OPF_G_F-entity_1"] pending!
     0:42:01 Section ["OPF_G_F-entity_0","OPF_G_F-entity_1"] moving to reserve objective OPCOM_969018478_objective_0! ["OPF_G_F-entity_1"] pending!
     0:42:15 ALIVE Profile Handler - Un-Register Profile [OPF_G_F-entity_1]
     0:42:17 Error in ReloadMagazine - unable to locate target weapon arifle_TRG21_F
    =======================================================
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 83627A50
     0:42:35 No owner
     0:43:00 No alive in 10000

I use latest CBA and ALiVE, no other mods. Only crashes with Asymmetric Commander.

3. Edited 9 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Did you happen to have debug turned on in the Military Commander when it crashed? For some reason turning this off seems to have kept it from crashing (only tested once but it's the first time yet). However, this creates quite a difficult situation to test and improve my mission because it's near impossible to keep up with Insurgent movements.

4. Friznit

11 Apr 2015 Administrator

Running some tests now. We've run the mission for 48 hrs during testing with no issues so this is a weird one.

Which version of CBA are you using?

5. CBA 1.1.20.150408 RC6

I turned off all the debugs and it worked. No crashes since then.

6. Friznit

11 Apr 2015 Administrator

Unfortunately I cannot repro this, which his a bit concerning. I've just been playing for around 30 to 40 mins without issues. I'm using same version of CBA and ALiVE and have been watching everything unfold with debug on (and a rather spectacular running battle in Kevala between NATO and AAF insurgents).

I'll keep monitoring it.

7. Edited 9 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Also using latest version of CBA, I'll keep messing around and seeing if I can find some way to make it work. Thanks for the testing though Friz.

Gonna re install Arma entirely because I am running out of ideas.

Edit: Still crashing after re installing everything of everything :(

8. Edited 9 years ago by SpyderBlack723

WAAAAAAAAIT, I just waited about 10 minutes while the game was not responding.....And it came back. I am not sure why it stalled out for so long but it did come back. I will continue to monitor it.

Edit 1: Not responding again a few seconds later, going to wait it out to see if it recovers again.

Edit : Recovered about 10 minutes later again and then stopped responding when OPCOM gave it's next report/orders. Seems to just be a never ending cycle.

9. highhead

12 Apr 2015 Administrator

Hey mate!

I was able to replicate the issue! Good catch!

Need to investigate further, but it seems that CBA_fnc_replace borks out in some cases, which leads to a 7 minutes freeze if called in unscheduled space! This only happens with debug on after after 45 mins in game, and I was able to do a workraound without using CBA_fnc_replace in ALiVE development branch. Just leave debug off in the meanwhile if you plan to run more than 45 mins.

Thanks for the report!

10. Thanks a lot highhead, your my savior.

11. Good news. Thanks for your efforts.

12. highhead

13 Apr 2015 Administrator
    Edited 9 years ago by highhead

In another note, you maybe (!) can use an older version in the meanwhile, not tested entirely but the freeze doesnt occur with CBA v1.0.9.140907

13. Edited 9 years ago by SpyderBlack723

Works well with older CBA version, thanks highhead.

14. Confirm that. Have the same Problems with the new CBA Version, but my Freeze occurs after 10 min playin´, then for approx. 5-10 min and so on (with and without debugging). No Probs with v1.0.9.140907-rc. Any Chance for a Hotfix?

15. Edited 9 years ago by SpyderBlack723

He is working on it
    " I was able to do a workraound without using CBA_fnc_replace in ALiVE development branch. "

EDIT 1: I am guessing you were asking for a hotfix to just fix this issue instead of waiting for the main patch release, ignore my post if that's the case.

EDIT 2; Highhead posted about it here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169350-ALiVE-Advanced-Light-Infantry-Virtual-Environment/page565

or Sign Up to reply!